Policy regarding the use of Subcontractors
Terms which apply to marine subcontractors working on customers' vessels.
We welcome subcontractors to our site, the Wayford Bridge Yacht Station, who provide specialised and skilled services to our Berth holders. To comply with our insurance and to enhance site security the following conditions must be adhered to by all subcontractors / tradespersons visiting the Wayford Bridge Yacht Station.
In these terms and conditions a "Subcontractor" is defined as "any individual, organisation or company offering work or services under an engagement relating to a Berth holder's Vessel". This will include but is not limited to engagements which involve: engineering; servicing; vessel refurbishment; surveys or certification; and brokerage or boat auction / sales.
We welcome subcontractors to our site (the Wayford Bridge Yacht Station) who provide specialised and skilled services to our Berth holders. To comply with our insurance and to enhance site security the following conditions must be adhered to:
- All subcontractors must be approved by STAYGB MARINE LTD prior to commencing any engagement with a Berth holder;
- Approved subcontractors must notify us by email of works to be carried out before entering our site;
Note that we do not charge any commission for engagements or any site entry or works fees.
On entering into an engagement on our site the subcontractor hereby certifies that they:
- Hold Public Liability insurance applicable to the works to be undertaken under the engagement on our site (this would be typically a minimum of 2 million GBP);
- Will use trained persons to carry out the engagement safely with a high degree of skill;
- Will guarantee their workmanship as necessary to comply with industry guidelines;
- Will continue to notify us of works to be carried out prior to entering our site in the manner specified;
- Are responsible to remove all waste materials produced in connection with an engagement from our site and dispose of them appropriately;
- Will not further subcontract or license part or all of the tasks in relation to the engagement to a third party;
- Agree to abide and be bound by the terms and conditions within this policy and the Site Conditions of Use.
Subcontractors who wish to use electricity to work on a Berth holders Vessel must, with arrangement of the Berth holder, connect to our systems via the electrical hook-up on board the Vessel.
The following companies have been approved:
- Boulter Marine - Marine Services and Repairs, Boat Safety, Breakdown and Recovery, Chandlery; Ferry View Estate, Horning, Norwich, Norfolk, NR12 8PT; T: 01692 630498.
- Jeckells & Son Ltd - Upholsterers and Covermakers; Riverside Road, Wroxham, Norwich, Norfolk, NR12 8UQ; T: 01603 784488.
- Ludham Bridge Boatyard - Johnson Street, Ludham, Norfolk, NR29 5NX; T: 01692 631 011.
- Bank Boats - Boat Safety Examiner; Staithe Cottage, Wayford Bridge, Norfolk, NR12 9LN; T: 01692 582457.
If you are a subcontractor in the marine industry and would like to offer your products and/or services to our Berth holders then please email us. If approved you will be advertised free of charge on our website.
For reasons of operational independence we cannot approve any subcontractor who works at or conducts their business from any other land which shares the NR12 9LL postcode.
Customers are reminded that you are entitled to use an unapproved subcontractor provided that your vessel is moved to their place of business while the work is carried out.
Disclaimer: STAYGB MARINE LTD does not in any way guarantee the work carried out by approved subcontractors and accepts no liability for damage or failure of a subcontractor to fulfill the customers / Berth holder's requirements under an engagement.
Author: StayGB Marine Ltd