Enterprise Wi-Fi Connection Instructions
WiFi connection instructions regarding our enterprise network (StayGB Members) for Android, MacOS, iOS and Windows devices.
These connectivity instructions apply to our wireless network with the SSID StayGB Members. This is a secure, enterprise network utilising 802.1X.
- Passwords will either be allocated to members or distributed automatically as part of a purchase made on our website.
- Passwords will be sent to you by SMS (text message) via your registered mobile phone number.
- Username and password combinations are specific to an individual user. Never share your credentials with anyone.
- You are reminded that you are responsible for the content downloaded / uploaded using your credentials.
- Please ensure that you keep your credentials safe. The issuance of new credentials will be charged for and / or may be delayed until your current credentials expire.
- This network employs adult content filtering.
- On first connection and at regular intevals thereafter your connection will be interrupted by a splash page where you will be asked to agree to the Terms and Conditions before using the service.
- Bandwidth is variable as various plans are available but a minimum of 25 Mbps symmetric per device is to be expected.
- Go to System Preferences > Network > Wi-Fi
- Select the SSID from the network drop down
- Type in your username and password. The username is your email address in lowercase.
- Click Join
- Click Connect to trust the certificate and join the SSID.
- Go to Settings > Wi-Fi
- Open the options menu by clicking the context menu button (three vertical dots)
- Select Add Wi-Fi
- Enter the Network SSID name and choose 802.1X EAP from the Security drop-down menu
- Choose PEAP from the EAP method drop-down menu
- Choose MSCHAPV2 from the Phase 2 authentication drop-down menu
- Type meraki.com for the domain
- Type your username in the Identity field. This is your email address in lowercase.
- Enter the password
- Click Save
- Click the Search button and type Network
- Under the Network section, click Wi-Fi
- Search and click the appropriate SSID (StayGB Members)
- Select PEAP as the EAP method
- Choose MSCHAPV2 from EAP Phase 2 authentication drop-down menu
- Type your username in the Identity field. This is your email in lowercase.
- Enter the Password
- Click Connect
- Click the Start Menu
- Navigate to Settings (Gear Icon) > Network & Internet > Wi-Fi > Manage Known Networks
- Click Network and Sharing Center
- Select Set up a new connection or network
- Select Manually connect to a wireless network
- Type the SSID name (StayGB Members) in the Network name field
- Under Security type, select WPA2-Enterprise
- Under Encryption type, select your encryption type from the drop down
- Click Next
- When Successfully added appears click Change connection settings
- Select the Security tab
- Click Advanced setting button
- Under the 802.1X settings tab, check the box Specify authentication mode and select User Authentication from the drop down
- Click OK
- Go back to the Security tab, confirm Choose a network authentication method is set to EAP (PEAP)
- Click Settings button
- Click OK
- Under Protected EAP Properties, uncheck Validate server certificate
- Click the Configure button
- Uncheck Automatically use my Windows logon name
- Click OK
Author: StayGB Ltd